Saturday, November 15, 2003

Trans-Canada VIA Dec'03

Planning for my first Trans-Canada rail trip
Over the last week, I was planning my trans-canada continantal rail journey for my coming vacation. My plan was purchasing a canrail ($465) pass to go from Vancouver, en-route to winnepeg and churchill, then continue on the "Canadian", transfer to the "Ocean" to get to Hanifax, side-track to Gaspe, then to Quebec city, Montreal, Ottawa, and finally Toronto and Niagara Fall via the "Corridor". However, I cannot put that into 12 to 15 (with 3-day extension) calender days. And either upgrading the pass to North American pass ($699) or purchasing extra Corridor pass ($250)is out of my budget. I am going to broke.!

It would be really nice to be at Niagara Fall on Nov 23, 2003 because the DisneyLand team will perform over the lighthen Niagara Fall!! There will be firework too (organised by Niagara-on-the-lake). I want to see the Christmas lightings of the East Canada cities as well.

Nevertheless, my rail plan won't fit in as I start my holiday on Nov 22. So I search for a flying option. Again it will cost $384 if I fly in and out from Toronto (jet2go), and cost $450 if I fly in Toronto and out Montreal.

I am still deciding...
I might opt for my very original plan, touring around the sunshine coast and Vancouver Island during my first two weeks of vacation, and learn skiiing in my third week. Let's see.

No comments:

Post a Comment