Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Simplified Skype Interface Demo

The goal of this project is to design and implement a simplified interface for Skype which will enable the target users, the senior with demenia, to use Skype as a video-communication tool with the family.
We will install the software in a touch screen computer, such as ASUS Eee Top 15.6-Inch Touchscreen PC, to provide a more intuitive interface, particular for the user with no computer experience.
This interface developed with QT-toolkit and its python binding. www.canassist.ca

Demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO-BaokqE-c

5 comments:

  1. I am trying to teach to my parents how to use a compute. they are 66 years old and for them they thing that it isimpossible to learn how to use skype

    I am very interested by your interface.

    How et where I can find this wonderful idea and program

    Thanks for your answer at francois.dias@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are setting up a touch screen computer in an American Legion for members that are not comfortable with computer to easily contact their sons and daughters overseas in the military. This interface would be perfect. Is your software available and how would I go about getting a copy of this valuable resource.
    Thanks much,
    Fletcher Klap
    616-813-4320
    2004@nxtrack.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, is this interface available for public ? thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a 72 years old aunt ill at home. I would love to setup to her a system with this program. Is there any way of trying it?

    If so I'll send feedback in return. My mail is adolfito121@hotmail.com.

    Thanks for this wonderfull project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am also interested. I work for an NGO that uses Skype to communicate with people in rural Africa, many of whom are quite unfamiliar with computers.

    If you are still maintaining this, or if you know of similar projects, I'd love to hear more.

    Please contact me at:

    mccormick1 [at] gmail [dot] com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete